Valentines Day Prep!
Just around the corner is one of the biggest days filled with love! And we know how much you really love your pet so we put together loveable ideas to help you celebrate Valentine’s Day successfully! We even created a love bundle for our ever-so popular Scratch Square product. Love bundle, you ask? Made by the company that is all about love!
SCRATCH SQUARE LOVE BUNDLE details:
- De' Vora announces their Before and After challenge for pets and their parents. We want to see who is using Scratch Square! Winners will receive $100 De’Vora gift cards and free replacement kicks for 2021. The grand winner will receive Scratch Square for life or a $1,000 De'Vora gift card!
- There will be winners in each category.
- All you have to do is take pictures of your pet’s nails before and after using Scratch Square.
- Record your pet playing session-- get extra points!
- Record and include a personal message from you (the pet parent) -- get extra, extra points!
Post on social media with the following tags #ScratchSqaureChallange #ScratchSquare #DeVora #DeVoraPet and Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Valentine’s Day ideas for your pet:
- Scratch Square Bundle
- Scratch Square by De’ Vora
- De’ Vora Kicks
- Handmade pumpkin peanut butter De’ Vora Sticks in our Special Edition heart shaped bag.
- De’ Vora Handcrafted Paw Balm
- Create a Gift Box for your four-legged friend: squeaky plush dog toy, heart dog collar, sweater and treat(s). Need some ideas, please do read on:
- For your happy dog try our GoDog Dragon Dog Toy
- For your sweet cat try our OurPets Mousehunter Cat Toy
- For your friendly small animal try our Ware Atomic Nut Ball Small Animal Toys
- Put all your love into making your own homemade treats for your pet
- Donate to a local animal shelter in behalf of your pet (get your friends in on this too!)
- Play interactive games with your pet
- De’Vora heart shaped paw print mold
- Pet friendly photo album
But before you start, here are some helpful tips for this special occasion:
When making a homemade toy, be sure all materials are pet friendly.
Before you get creative by interacting with your pet, make sure the space is safe. Prep what you need to do prep for your fur babies. IE: Move valuables away from edges. The last thing you want to do is knock over a wine glass or flower pot!
Know before you make (or) bake:
Baked treats: the high value treats consist of moisture or freeze-dried, extra potent, or something your dog doesn’t get very often. Healthy treats contain apples, green peas, carrots, green beans, watermelon, cooked sweet potatoes, bananas and broccoli.
Avoid these eight dangerous dog treats: Rawhide chews, actual animal bones, other animal parts, cancer-causing pet treats, sugary or artificially sweetened treats, high starch options and toxic human food (PB avoid xylitol-free)
Heart Shaped fruit
Coconut oil and chopped strawberries (you can also use blueberries if your dog is not a fan)
Silicone mold or ice cube tray
Put together in tray and freeze (hour or two)
Heart Shaped chicken treats
Silicone heart mold or ice cube tray
1 cup of cooked, diced chicken
½ cup of rice, cooked and mashed
3 tablespoons rice flour
1 tablespoon parsley
Preheat oven 350 degrees
Spoon into silicone molds
Bake 20-30 minutes, until tops of golden brown
Allow to cool and remove from molds
Apple Cinnamon Cookie Treats
Mix all ingredients
Scoop onto baking sheet
Bake for 22 minutes
Take out, let sit and enjoy
Fish Cat Treats
Whole wheat flour
Cookie cutter (fish shaped)
Mix all ingredients
Roll out dough on baking sheet
Make fish shapes
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes
Whether you are baking, making or simply buying, have fun doing it! Your pet loves you no matter what you give or make for him! Happy Valentine’s Day from us here at De’Vora! We hope it’s a sweet one filled with love, kisses and hugs. And never forget, you are loved.Written by: Jackie Goldoff